Company Structure

Botswana Insurance Holdings Limited(BIHL) is a broad based financial services group and one of the largest companies listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange. Its two largest subsidiaries, Botswana Life Insurance Limited and Botswana Insurance Fund Management (Bifm) hold dominant positions in their respective sectors. In line with its diversification and value enhancement strategy, BIHL introduced BIHL Sure!, the short term insurance business in 2012.

With this same strategy in mind, BIHL is a shareholder in Letshego Holdings Limited and Funeral Services Group Limited (FSG). The majority shareholder of BIHL with 58% is Sanlam Limited, a multifaceted financial services company that has a broad and significant footprint in Africa. The remaining 42% is held by Botswana citizens.

In addition to being a financial services provider, the BIHL saw it fit to develop a social investment arm that would give back to Botswana communities through the BIHL Trust. BIHL contributes 1% of post tax profit to the BIHL Trust and through this social investment organ,BIHL is devoted to promoting self sufficiency and sustainable upliftment of disadvantaged communities in Botswana.